RedRover Job Announcement
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Type: Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Salary range: $60,000 - $65,000
Location: Flexible, hybrid work arrangement, preferably 1-3 days in Sacramento office per week
Are you passionate about helping animals as well as people? RedRover is a national nonprofit organization, seeking an exceptional Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team in Sacramento!
Full-Time Benefits: We offer a robust benefits package. You’ll enjoy:
● Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for employees on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment
● Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time accrue beginning the first day of employment
● 7% employer-paid Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) with immediate vesting, effective after one year of active employment
● Annual Companion Animal Allowance to help pay for family veterinary emergencies and work - related pet sitting (if you have a pet), effective after 60 days active employment
Our staff members enjoy balanced lives and flexibility. RedRover is a strengths -based organization committed to staff career development. We are looking for equity-minded applicants who will work with us to establish a supportive work community with a strong sense of belonging to further our mission.
The mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance, and education.
Based in Sacramento, California, RedRover operates national programs that help animals and people in crisis and is well-known for its three main programs:
● RedRover Responders provides temporary shelter and care for animals displaced by crises such as natural disasters and cruelty in the United States and Canada, supports pets of domestic violence survivors by building pet housing spaces at domestic violence and animal shelters, and provides hands-on training and support to communities in need;
● RedRover Relief provides financial and emotional support to Good Samaritans, animal rescuers, and pet parents to help them care for animals in life-threatening situations, and resources to help domestic violence survivors and their pets escape abuse;
● RedRover Readers helps children explore the bond between people and animals through stories and discussion in a unique community-based literacy program
RedRover seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision, and values. This individual will report to the Director of Communications and Development and will be a key player in RedRover’s marketing and communications efforts across all program areas. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for digital content creation and oversee the editorial process for RedRover publications and the organization’s social media presence. Ideally, the candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success in managing others and be able to communicate effectively with staff through a variety of channels (e.g,.Slack/email/Zoom), as well as with a diverse range of stakeholders.
General Marketing and Communications
● Supervise the Communications and Marketing Coordinator II
● Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing Coordinator II, Public Relations Manager, Development and Engagement Coordinator II, and the Director of Communications and Development as well as our digital marketing vendor and partners to develop and implement marketing and communications plans to promote RedRover programs and services, public awareness, and fundraising efforts
● Execute marketing strategy and communication for awareness campaigns (e.g., 25 by 2025) and partnerships (e.g., Purple Leash Project)
● Manage the quarterly publication of Companion magazine including content planning, writing, editing, and working with vendors to ensure issues are completed and delivered according to schedule.
● Manage rapid-response communications such as e-appeals and public statements
● Write and edit content for RedRover website and digital and print publications as needed
● Oversee communications editorial calendar for RedRover staff use for web, email, and social media
● Manage RedRover’s network-wide digital asset library through Canto and Google Drive
● Manage RedRover’s website, website vendors, and update content as needed
● Support other relevant external vendor and partner relationships as needed
● Drive strategy to increase daily engagement and followers on RedRover social media accounts
Data & Analytics
● Collaborate with the development and communications teams to monitor, report, and present online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
● Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging, and distributions
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications and/or marketing, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience editing (candidates selected to interview will be required to complete a written performance exercise)
- Management experience and supervision of staff is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (WordPress, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Graphic design knowledge and skills a plus (e.g., Adobe inDesign/Illustrator, Canva)
- Proven results in managing social media platforms and analytics technologies to engage a diverse audience a plus
- Specialized tech experience and experience with email marketing tools like Active Campaign, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Canto software is a plus
- Demonstrated emotional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines
- Passion for supporting human and animal well-being
Additionally, affection for animals, concern for their well-being, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace are required. Candidates must be willing to embrace the organization’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization. Must maintain constituent (donors/volunteers/directors/employees) confidentiality and have reliable transportation to and from work. Ability to occasionally work on weekend days, evenings and travel across the United States and Canada is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
RedRover is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to diversity and welcome all interested parties to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences and backgrounds is a key asset. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need, please include that in your resume materials. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the hiring process.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and preferred work schedule to employment@RedRover.org with “Communications and Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. Please follow these application instructions as only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered.